Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bar Napkin Blog

I had to old school write my blog on a bar napkin today.  This is what can happen when you spend your day golfing, drinking and playing in a retirement community.  Not that every time, I write a story on a bar napkin I’ve been playing and drinking in a retirement community.  In fact, if I had a dime for every time I’ve written a story on a bar napkin, I’d have lots of dimes that when combined make up lots of dollars.  Which begs the question…why do I have such easy access to pens and bar napkins?  Mostly because I always carry around a pen and I’m often in a bar.  You can’t help it when or where an idea hits you.  You should always be prepared.  I was a Girl Scout.  In fact, I had no idea what I was going to write today’s blog about until I sat down at this bar and grabbed this napkin.  The biggest hazard of this practice is when you mess up and accidently put your drink over your story filled napkin….condensation can really mess up a well written imaginative story.  By the way, the guy next to me at this bar just asked if, “I was writing my manifesto on that napkin”.  I told him, “No I’m just writing my blog.”

2 comments:

  1. I believe the lyrics to many great songs were also written on bar napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Dana and also some of the best cartoons...I suppose I am in very good company then.

    ReplyDelete