Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gnaw for Pawpaw Pot Roast and Giving You the Gift of Knowledge

I’m sure the question of where I usually write my blog has been consuming much of your thinking lately.  This is perfectly normal.  Who doesn’t imagine where writers write what they rightly write about?  Did Harper Lee sit under a Magnolia Tree while she wrote her masterpiece To Kill a Mockingbird? Was J.K. Rowling sitting in a dark chamber while dutifully inventing the remarkable Harry Potter series?  Was Leo Tolstoy wearing pants while writing his tour de force War and Peace?  I could leave it mysterious, but why?  There is no need for me to treat you that way.  I remember the torture of not knowing where the Titanic was and what truly became of the last imperial family of Russia.  When these mysteries finally had answers…I felt closer to being complete.  Therefore, I decided today it would be the right thing to do tell you where I write my blog.  I’m not sure why, but I actually sit in the kitchen at our center island to type up my daily entry.  Maybe I do this because I love food so being in its lair just makes me more creative.  Perhaps it is just so I don’t have to walk too far to get to the potato chips. Maybe it is just so I can multi-task and whip up a quick soufflé while typing away.  Who knows?
What I do know right now is that the pot roast that is cooking smells WONDERFUL.  As I write this, it has been very difficult to not stick my face in the crock pot and start gnawing on the roast.   But I am strong and besides it is only appropriate to gnaw on a pot roast at my family’s annual Gnaw in Memory of Pawpaw Party when, at the same time, we all sink our teeth into a giant pot roast hanging from an old tetherball pole.   The way I cook a roast is SO easy and SO tasty.   So continuing today’s mood of sharing, I have included the recipe. 
Gnaw for Pawpaw Pot Roast
5-7 pound pot roast
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 ½ cups of beef stock
1 package of dry onion soup mix

Mix mushroom soup, beef stock and dry onion soup mix together.  Place roast in crock pot and pour soup mix over meat.  Cook in crock pot for 10 hours.  You should be warned that serving this without biscuits is a sin.    


No comments:

Post a Comment