Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cinnamon Chocolate Nachos and The Bermuda Triangle


I’m to the point that I’m done with this madness.  It is so infuriating and is currently happening with such frequency that it is downright alarming.  I’m not comfortable with this mysterious activity in such close proximity to my pets.  If we aren’t diligent, we’ll have an Amelia Earhart or Jimmy Hoffa like situation on our hands before you can even say “Shroud of Turin.”

The perplexing nature of this whole situation is turning my world upside down.  It is like the Zodiac Killer and the Babushka Lady built a time machine and sent Jack the Ripper traveling through time to kill the Black Dahlia.  (Speaking of that, have you ever seen the movie Time After Time?  Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen are in it.  It’s a good flick and I was obsessed with it as a kid). 

Seriously….I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!  Where the hell are all the damn socks going when I do laundry?  It is like my dryer is the Mary Celeste or something. I get that this is a major problem plaguing all of us who do laundry.  I’m convinced there is an evil conspiracy between the dryer making companies and the sock making companies.  They are sitting in a castle somewhere diabolically placing a tiny piece of the Bermuda Triangle in every dryer ever made.  Bastards.  The picture below is the one sock collection I have amassed since being laid off.  I will be spending the day getting to the bottom of this mystery.  As God is my witness, I’ll never lose another sock again.  Not on my watch.



Oh hey, I also forget to share a recipe.  I wanted to make something different for Tiffany as part of our Super Bowl feast.  So in addition to the usual crap, I also made Cinnamon Chocolate Nachos.  They were pretty freaking good. 


Cinnamon Chocolate Nachos (from www.tasteofhome.com)

Ingredients
6 flour tortillas (inches)
7 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
6 tablespoons sugar, divided
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pecans

Directions
Brush both sides of tortillas with 4 tablespoons butter. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over one side of each tortilla.  Stack tortillas, sugared side up; cut into 12 wedges.  Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until crisp.

Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the cream, brown sugar and remaining butter and sugar.  Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Cook at stir for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla.  Cool slightly.

Arrange half of the tortilla wedges on a large serving platter.  Drizzle with half of chocolate sauce, sprinkle with half of the pecans.  Repeat layers.  Yield:  12 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment