Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nest Building, Cheese Rolls and the Sallisaw Exit off 1-40

Wild birds are really fascinating and amazing creatures…until a couple starts building a nest outside your bedroom window.  Then it like listening to a crack induced wacko playing with twigs and speed tap-dancing with teeny tiny feet.  Not to mention the constant peeping.  The whole thing sounds like a sped up much smaller version of my parents bitching while trying to put together a piece of furniture from IKEA.  This is only a sign that the little non-stop peeping and screaming babies will be arriving soon.  Speaking of that, have you ever had to take care of a baby bird?  Sweet Lord they are the ugliest things in the history of ugly.  My God you could throw a Mack truck in their huge yet tiny open mouths.  Horrifying.
When the birds woke me up, I was dreaming about a recipe I saw on the Cooking Channel a few days ago.  I haven’t made it yet, but I plan to this weekend.  I haven’t looked the recipe up yet, but I do remember the ingredients and the preparation.


The I Can’t Remember What They Are Called Cheese Roll Things
Ingredients
Phyllo Dough
Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Mozzarella Cheese
Butter


Preparation
Brush each sheet of Phyllo Dough with butter.
Thickly slice chunk of mozzarella cheese ¼ inch or so
Place cheese on Phyllo Dough with sun-dried tomato on top and roll up.
Cook at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
You can serve these separately or on a salad.

I had to drive to Oklahoma for a quick family thing this week (not like gay family, but family family).  On my drive back I stopped for gas in Sallisaw.  Just off the 1-40 exit, I found a picture taker’s gold mine.  You think you’d see Elvis in a 1950s Chevy in Tupelo or perhaps Memphis, but no you can also find it inside a gas station in Sallisaw!  And after getting gas, perhaps you’d like to pick up a few Indians to have around the house.  Imagine the luck!  There is also an Indian store right by the creepy mannequin Elvis and transvestite in Chevy gas station! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment