Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Ice Cream, Princess Leia and Hosni Mubarak

Today is laundry day.  I actually rather enjoy getting all caught up on laundry.  I love the warmth and the smell of clean laundry and that sense of accomplishment so easily apparent when you look at the empty laundry basket.  What I don’t enjoy is that I always wear my Princess Leia Return of the Jedi slave girl costume when I do the laundry.  It is a family tradition passed down by my mother so I am duty bound to keep it going.  The issue is it is just binding in a few places and quite frankly I get a little cold in the winter.  But I muddle through…what else can you do?  And besides, I am washing blankets today and there is nothing better than being Princess Leia slave girl costume wearing cold and pulling those blankets out of the dryer and throwing them on the pool table and then leaping in a single bound on that table and rolling around in those warm freshly washed blankets.   
Besides the obvious, what the heck is wrong with the average dictator?  I mean seriously Hosni Mubarak…take a hint.  Did you really think getting rid of some people and restructuring the government with you staying at the head would work?  That was such a dumbass corporate CEO move and it doesn’t fool anyone.  Take a hint.  Go.  You’re 82 and a million people are marching on your capital.  Let it go.  And that concludes my dictator advice for the day.

And now for my snow storm advice!  As I stated in an earlier blog entry…chill your vodka outside in the snow.  Additionally, make yourself some snow ice cream.  It is fun, it tastes good and it makes the children you are trapped in a house with really hyper.  Good times!
Snow Ice Cream

1 gallon of clean snow (the clean part is really important…just sayin)
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of milk

Collect your CLEAN snow, stir in sugar and vanilla and then stir in enough milk to get the consistency you want.  Serve your ice cream right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment