Thursday, February 3, 2011

Steroid Infusion Day 2

*Please see below for very important photo disclaimer*
Today is day 2 of Tiffany’s steroid infusion.  Another side-effect, in addition to the roid rage, of such a high dose of steroids is facial flushing.  When she woke up this morning she looked like she had either been walking outside in subzero temperatures or working out with Jillian Michaels.  She was like Mrs. Claus North Pole red in the face.  And yet another side-effect of the steroid is extreme hunger.  So right now I’m living with a red-faced, hungry woman who could explode in a rage at any moment.  But, I’m also living with my hero and best friend so I call that a pretty fair trade. 
I’m sure you’ve heard of phantom responses to an illness.  This is where people who aren’t sick have or think they have the same symptoms as the person who is sick.  The extreme hunger part is my phantom symptom to Tiffany’s steroid infusion.  This morning Tiffany got up and had a bowl of cereal.  I got up and made French toast.  Then later I saw that AT&T commercial about the taco party outside of Bill’s office.  This, of course, plunged my phantom illness response into overdrive.  I HAD TO HAVE TACOS.  I asked Tiffany what her dream lunch would be for today.  She said she didn’t care.  I said, “Oh come on you must want something special.”  She said, “I’m not really hungry whatever is fine.”  I said, “Don’t you think you want tacos?”  She said, “Sure…whatever.”  So I went to the grocery store (with a coupon from the Krazy Coupon Lady) and got all the stuff for tacos.  The tacos were really good.  I do what I can to help.  It is the least I can do to make Tiffany comfortable.
*The above photo is not me calling Tiffany a monkey or even suggesting she is any more ape like than the average human.  It is quite important that I express this especially with the threat of roid rage looming.  Please I want to live.  The picture is merely for comedy purposes.  Don’t hurt me.  End of photo disclaimer.*

No comments:

Post a Comment