Monday, June 27, 2011

Crazy Rich People

You owe me $750 just to look at this picture of a picture.

I noticed in the news that on Saturday night that the only authenticated photograph of Billy the Kid was auctioned off for $2.3 million.  Holy crap!  I suppose, if you have that kind of money and you’re a collector, a purchase of that magnitude is not such a big deal.  I collect Star Wars toys.  I would probably pay $2.3 million for the actual millennium falcon…if it could fly around to other galaxies.  But, I don’t have $2.3 million.  So I suppose I can’t really say what I would buy if I were super crazy rich.  I feel pretty certain though, that I would not spend my vast fortune on the following items:

A lock of Elvis Presley's hair - apparently one lock sold for $115,000 at auction.  Do you put something like this in a shadow box and shine a light on it?

White lion cubs - these guys sell for $138,000.  Clearly they are expensive, but my concern is they grow up to be lions!

The Spelling Manor - Zillow.com has this listed for $150,000 million.  I wouldn't buy this because it is just ostentatious to put that large of a fountain in front of your manor.


A Bugatti Veyron - This car will set you back $1,700,000 and it doesn't even fly or turn into a boat.  I would not buy this car because I can't pronounce the name.

Patek Phillippe Sky Moon Tourbillon 5002 P watch - This is yet another hard to pronounce item.  I believe this is a trend with ridiculously over-priced things.  Why buy something like this when you can just use your phone to tell time...plus you can call people with your phone, too.

Pininfarina’s Aresline Xten office chair - this is hands down (or ass down since it is a chair) the dumbest potential purchase.  This chair costs $1.5 million and it doesn't even recline.  dumb!


No comments:

Post a Comment