Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern Cheese Ball and Surviving on Survivor


Pretty sure you need to make this while you wait for Trick or Treaters.  Waiting = eating.  Enjoy!

Cheesy Jack-O-Lantern (www.kraftrecipes.com)

Ingredients
3 green onions, divided
2 pkg (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 pkg (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
¼ cup finely chopped red peppers
2 slices Oscar Meyer pepperoni
Ritz crackers or Wheat Thins

Preparation
Cut 4-inch length from green end of 1 onion; slice remaining onions.  Beat cream cheese and 1 1 ¼ cups cheddar with mixer until well blended.  Stir in slice onions and peppers.  Refrigerate 1 hour.  Shape into ball; roll in remaining cheddar.  Cut pepperoni into shapes for the jack-o-lantern’s eyes, nose and mouth; press into cheese ball to make face.  Insert green onion piece into top for stem.  Serve with crackers.



I have always been pretty sure I could compete on Survivor.  The only thing that would need to change was the actual surviving part.  I’d have the mental and social game under control for sure, but in order to do that, I’d need access to a shower, plenty of food, cable tv and comfortable seating with reclining options.   Additionally, I would need my own cabin.  I don’t want all those other people around me, bothering me.  The physical challenges would also probably be more fun if they were Wii based with beers to drink or maybe swimming pool challenges like standing on your head, holding your breath or funniest dive off the lowest diving board.  Golf carts to get us to tribal council are an important addition, too.  That just seems more conducive to survival than walking.  Clearly, I’d need access to the internettes, as well.  That way I could ask people watching what the other people on the island were doing.  Speaking of the other people on the island, they would not have internet access, their own cabin, food, showers, etc.  I think it would just be better for me if they stuck to the actual Survivor formula.  Once all these factors are in place, I feel good about my chances of winning.  Perhaps I will make my application video sometime this week.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment