Wednesday, October 26, 2011

All-In-One Meatloaf Dinner - WTF and WOW Recipe Wednesday



There is almost too much WTF going on in this picture.  I mean I giant rubber duck in the background...really?!

This reminds me of that Allstate Mayhem commercial about the blind spot...only that is a Koala instead of Mayhem, but other than that, the same.  In fact, that Koala should be named Mayhem.

I made a  new picture.

I got this idea from a show on Food Network.  I was watching it Sunday with my sister.  We weren’t really paying attention.  We were talking about pie and drinking beer, but I think I got the concept of the dish.  It was like an all-in-one dinner.  I tried to recreate it.  Here is the recipe I came up with…


Super Easy All-In-One Meatloaf Dinner

Ingredients
1 pound 85% lean ground beef
1 6-oz package Stove Top chicken flavored stuffing mix
2 large eggs
Heinz Ketchup (whatever your preference – I think less is more, but that is just me)
Salt and pepper
Del Monte Cut Green Beans (naturally fresh is better, but I was going for quick)
Idahoan Baby Reds instant mashed potatoes (naturally fresh is better, but I was going for quick)



Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix meat, stuffing mix and eggs together.  Make mini meatloafs and place in little crocks or ramekins.  Be sure to leave room for green beans and potatoes, but their addition will come later.  Cook meatloaf for about 25 to 35 minutes depending on size.  While meatloaf cooks mix instant potatoes.  Once meatloaf is finished take crocks or ramekins out of the oven and add green beans on the top, salt and pepper to taste and then top with scoop of mashed potatoes.  Change oven setting to broil and broil on high until potatoes have a nice crispy top.




No comments:

Post a Comment