Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year - Champagne Punch


Tiffany, her mom and I went shopping at the Premium Outlets Mall in Orlando.  Seemed like a good idea.  Apparently, everyone else in the Continental United States who was visiting Florida had the same idea.  It was packed.  It was like the world wrestling federation version of shopping.  Getting a parking spot was cut throat.  Tiffany wanted to go for these very specific shoes.  Shoes, it turned out, that were not at the Premium Outlets Mall in Orlando.  Even with all the craziness and massive amount of stupid people surrounding us…we managed to still have a good time.  Which leads me to this picture:


2011 has been a pretty good year.  I always like those 'best of' shows that happen at the end of the year.  That being said, I thought I would give you my blog’s top five entries of 2011.  This is just based on which entries had the most page views.  Go figure.

#3 – Tomatoes


I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve.  Champagne gives me the worst hangover…probably because I drink several bottles by myself.  This recipe actually makes things a little easier the next day…plus citrus keeps the scurvy away.

Champagne Punch

Ingredients
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
1 (12 fluid once) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 (6 fluid once) can frozen limeade concentrate
1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine, chilled
1 liter club soda, chilled
2 (750 milliliter) bottles champagne, chilled
1 lemon – sliced, for garnish
½ cup fresh mint, garnish

Preparation
In large punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice concentrate, pink lemonade concentrate, limeade concentrate, white wine, club soda and champagne.  Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.


Recipe Source





2 comments:

  1. So you the reason it took so long to get home from Orlando last weekend! I thought it was Disney (since it's close to that Mall)...but nope..everyone and their dog was headed for that mall. Crazy. -Sean C

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got caught in that ridiculous traffic coming to Florida, too! It was insane.

    ReplyDelete