Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cracker Barrel with the Parents


I met my parents for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.  Am I the only one who thinks that crackers would actually get soggy if stored in a barrel?  Anyway, my mom is like a ferret searching for shinny things when she is in the Cracker Barrel gift shop.  The uglier and more colorful always include her touching the object and saying, “how cute!”  She was really drawn to this frog bird house. The hole for the birds to come in was in the frog’s stomach.  The frog was a sparkly green color never found in nature.  The frog was also wearing a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops.  Oddly enough…no pants.  She did end up getting me an early birthday present.  I got a wind chime with a frog on it.  The frog is stained glass and not tacky.  She couldn’t understand why I didn’t want the bird house.  My dad also bought me breakfast!  Wind chimes and pancakes = living large!  My mom and I stole some of the maple syrup that is in those cute little bottles.  Is that bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment