Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Mom Call and Super Bowl Appetizer Pictures


I just got off the phone with my mother.  We always talk about movies we’ve seen.  I just completely exhausted myself trying to explain The Artist to her.  I said it was a silent movie.  She said, “What?”  And I said, “I SILENT movie.”  She said, “Do they talk?”  And I said, “Well…sort of, but their mouths move and sometimes they show you the words they are saying.  You know, like the first movies in the 1920s.”  She said, “Oh yes!  I see what you mean, but do they talk?”  This went on for a really really long time.  Then we changed subjects.  Mom said she was getting a machine that makes plastic bags.  I said, “Huh??”  Then she said, “Makes plastic bags!”  She described it a little more and then I finally decided she might be talking about a vacuum sealer.   We talked a little more and then said our goodbyes.  She called right back after we hung up the phone.  She always calls right back after we hang up the phone.  I answered and she asked, “Do you have gutters on your house?”  I said, “Yes.”  Then she said goodbye again.  I suspect this won’t be the only call about gutters that I will receive today.

I promised yesterday to take pictures of my Super Bowl appetizers to go along with the recipes I posted.  Click here for recipes.   I made my appetizers a little early, but I plan to drink and eat all day and maybe watch some football so it's all good.


Cream Cheese-Bacon Crescents

Fried Pickles

Spicy Cocktail Meatballs



No comments:

Post a Comment