Saturday, April 14, 2012

Garlic Pie, Angus Young and Robert Palmer


Three things:

Source


Am I the only one who worried about traumatic brain injury while watching Angus Young play guitar?  I remember, as a kid, seeing AC/DC videos on MTV and worrying about Young’s head flying off his shoulders from the constant head banging.  I imitated him one time for my sister and ended up falling into a wall. Then I had to sit in a chair with my head between my knees for fifteen minutes to recalibrate my cerebral spinal fluid.  Humor can be deadly. Be careful out there.

Have I ever mentioned that I’ve had a crush on Robert Palmer since I was 10?  I realize he is dead and we were not meant to be, but he’s still hot even though he is cold.  This is one of the many reasons why I love him.




I decided to play around in the kitchen this week and try to make a sort of Irish inspired pie.  I love garlic so I knew I wanted it to have lots of it.  With that in mind, I came up with this recipe for a Garlic Pie.  It was very tasty and something I will make again.  Give it a try!


Garlic Pie

Ingredients
4 red potatoes, cooked
2 medium white onions, diced
10 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red pepper, diced
6 or 7 mushrooms, chopped
1 cup of frozen Sweet Peas
Uncle Ben’s 90 second Wild Rice
Olive Oil
Butter
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 pound of Italian Sausage
App. 1 tablespoon Basil
App. 1 tablespoon Rosemary
App. 1 tablespoon Sage
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
6 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 frozen pie crusts


Preparation
Bake red potatoes in oven (400 degrees for about 40 minutes).  Let cool and then slice.  Set aside.  Cook Uncle Ben’s rice and set aside to cool.  Sit out one pie crust to thaw.  Leave oven on, but turn up to 450 degrees.



Over low to medium heat in covered pan, cook onion and garlic in 2 to 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil about 5 minutes.  Add red pepper, mushrooms, sage, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Cook for another 5 minutes.  Add Italian Sausage and cook until sausage is completely done. Set aside and let cool.




Sprinkle one pie crust with garlic salt and dot with butter. Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl.  Add sausage mixture to bowl.  Slice potatoes and add to bowl.  Add about half of the rice.  Add sweet peas and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Stir with large spoon.  Spoon mixture into pie crust.  Top with mozzarella cheese.  Take the thawed pie crust out of pan and cut in strips to top the pie.  Sprinkle parsley on top.  Dot with butter and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through and top is brown.  

Click Here For Printable Recipe








No comments:

Post a Comment