Thursday, April 26, 2012

GD Poison Plants and Johnsonville Sausage Quiche Cups


I’ve been battling a combo of poison ivy and poison sumac for a few weeks.  I’m ridiculously allergic and apparently deep in my backyard there is a poison ivy and poison sumac party that I was invited to attend.  I’ve been to the doctor and gone through two rounds of steroids.  I’ve got creams and calamine lotion.  Now I’m putting oatmeal on my skin.  I boiled up the oatmeal this morning, let it cool slightly and then started slathering it on my legs.  When thinking through this particular treatment regimen, I failed to include my four dogs in the equation.  I guess I didn’t so much figure they would view oatmeal in the same way a crackhead views crack cocaine.  They began circling immediately.  If I told one no, another would come in and grab a bite of oatmeal.  I’m thinking my dogs will have some cement like bowel movements later. I have to say that the oatmeal I got on my legs did feel really really good.  I think I’ll do it again tomorrow…with the dogs locked outside the house.



I’ve entered another recipe contest.  This one is for Johnsonville Sausage.  I’m testing out two recipe ideas I have.  I made the first one this morning.  I built this one off the Bacon Quiche Cups I posted earlier this year.  Give this one a try, too.  It is well worth it!  Even though it will make cooking difficult, keep your fingers crossed for me to win a year’s supply of Johnsonville Sausage and a set of professional cookware.



Johnsonville Sausage Quiche Cups

Ingredients
3 Johnsonville Sausage Patties
1 package (8 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 egg
½ cup shredded Emmentaler or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 (4.5 oz) cans biscuits

Preparation
Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray 12 regular size muffin cups with butter no-stick cooking spray.  In skillet, cook and break up Johnsonville sausage patties.  Drain on paper towel.  Crumble and set aside.  In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.  Gradually add milk and eggs, beating at a low speed until smooth.  Stir in cheese and parsley.  Set aside.  Separate biscuit dough and press in bottom of muffin cup, forming ¼ inch rim.  Place half of the Johnsonville sausage in bottom of dough-lined pan cups.  Spoon cheese mixture evenly into the cups.  Sprinkle top with remaining bacon.  Bake about 25 minutes.  Remove biscuit cups from pan and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment