Thursday, May 10, 2012

Artichoke Dip Bread and Same Sex Marriage

As pretty much everyone now knows, President Obama endorsed same sex marriage yesterday.  Even though things have changed a lot over the years, I actually never thought I would hear the President of the United States say that in my lifetime.  I was driving to work and cried a little.  It doesn’t really mean anything will change, but the fact that it was said means so much.  This issue has never really been about getting married, it is about being denied the right to do so.  I’m not down with having my 17 year relationship marginalized into something less than what it really is or somehow not as legitimate as a relationship between a man and woman.  So, thank you, President Obama!  On the political side of things, I also think it was a strategically brilliant move on his part.  Haters were always going to hate, but I think more people support this issue than not...or at least I hope that.  It certainly isn’t the only issue, but it is a small step toward it never being an “issue” again.  I look forward to the day when it truly is not a big deal and I think that day might be coming sooner than later.  I think the only logical way to celebrate is to visit this tumblr site, look at these pictures and make some Artichoke Dip Bread.

Source


Source

Source


Artichoke Dip Bread

Ingredients
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
¼ cup mayo
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup parmesan, grated
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise

Preparation
Mix the artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella and parmesan (reserving some of the cheese).  Hollow ½ an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread.  Spread the mixture into the hole in the bread and top with the reserved cheese.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven covered in foil for 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment