Sunday, June 24, 2012

TCB and a Lemon Drop Martini

Source
Today is all about getting stuff done!  I did give myself an inflatable pool break, but other than that, I’ve been taking care of business (TCB – shout out to Elvis).  This morning, I got the groceries for the week, I got stuff organized for my camp next week and mowed the backyard.  Later today, I’m going to clean the kitchen and bathrooms, dust and do the floors.  Then, I’ll make dinner and plop down in the chair to watch The Silence of the Lambs and True Blood.  It always feels good to get the house cleaned before watching a good psychological thriller and/or anything about vampires!  I have no doubt the dogs will do their damndest to mess it up again, but that’s just the way it goes.  More than likely, I will also treat myself to many many a delicious cocktails to go with my evening.  Those That cocktails will be this one!  Give it a try.



Lemon Drop Martini

Ingredients
Enough sugar for dipping the rim of the martini glass
¼ lemon
Ice
2 oz citron vodka
1 tbsp grapefruit-infused simple syrup

Simple syrup: To make grapefruit-infused simple syrup combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of grapefruit and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and let boil for a minute. Turn off the heat. Let cool completely. Pour into a glass jar and store covered in the refrigerator.

Place the sugar in a bowl slightly larger than the mouth of the martini glass. Take the wedge of Meyer lemon and rub it along the rim of the glass. Turn the glass over and dip the rim in the sugar bowl. Shake off access and set aside. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Squeeze the wedge of Meyer lemon over the ice. Add the citron vodka and the simple syrup. Cap the shaker and shake (the longer you shake, the more dilute). Strain into martini glass. Makes a small martini. If you have large martini glasses, you may want to double the recipe.  Does anyone really have a small martini glass??

No comments:

Post a Comment