Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thunder Up




I can’t really write anything about “True” History today because the NBA Finals are tonight.  I’m a Thunder fan.  I can’t believe my home state actually has an NBA team much less such a kick ass team.  It was like a really big thing in the 1980s when we got a mall with a movie theater.  This is big time stuff.  Naturally, I am wearing my Thunder gear and will be watching the game with friends in a bar.  I’m hoping to pretty much convert the entire bar to cheer for the Thunder.  I’ll do this with a mix of charisma and obnoxiousness.  Perhaps I’ll buy each patron one hot wing to win them over to my side.  I’m pretty sure I’ll be drinking beer, but I’m also going to order a Blue Hawaiian with an orange slice just to have my team colors in a drink in front of me.  The likelihood of me not drinking this drink and then not ordering another one are slim, but I will do my part to keep this appropriately colored drink in front of me at all times this evening.


Blue Hawaiian or Thunder Thirst Quencher

Ingredients
¼ cup cream of coconut
5 tbs pineapple juice
2 tbs Blue Curacao
1/6 cup light rum
Orange slice to garnish

Preparation
Blend light rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut with one cup ice in an electric blender at high speed.  Pour contents into a serving glass.  Decorate with slice of orange and serve chilled.





No comments:

Post a Comment