Sunday, January 6, 2013

Easy Chicken Leg Bake



I made a pretty tasty dinner last night.  I just scavenged around the kitchen and put this together.  It is a fairly inexpensive and easy meal to throw together.  I had limited time yesterday because Encore was running a Clint Eastwood marathon.  I guess I had forgotten exactly how fake blood looked in movies from the seventies.  I had also forgotten how truly groovy the background music was in these movies .  Another thing I had forgotten was just how funny the foot chase scenes were in some of Eastwood’s early movies (The Rookie is an excellent example).  If you haven’t seen some his early stuff in awhile…pull up an empty chair and spend the day reliving his movies.  If Play Misty For Me doesn’t totally creep you out, there is something very wrong with you.

Chicken Leg Bake


Ingredients
Six chicken legs
Box of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice Original Recipe
Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Cajun Seasoning Blend (I used Zatarain’s)
Salt and Pepper
Salad Kit of your choice (I used Pear and Gorgonzola kit)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Spray 9x9 with cooking spray.  Pour uncooked (yes, uncooked) rice in the pan.  Add the chicken over the rice and season with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.  In a separate bowl add the cream of chicken soup, one can full of water and the seasoning packet from the rice and whisk together.  Pour over the chicken.  Cover tightly with two layers of foil.  Bake for 2 hours.  Serve with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment